TCA Public Relations was the PR Agency of Record and Communications Director for First Lady Michelle Obama and NCBW. Mrs Obama unveiled the bust of Sojourner Truth at the United States Capitol in Washington, DC. Participants included: Speaker Nancy Pelosi, Secretary Hillary Clinton, Harry Reid, John Boehner, Actress Cicely Tyson and others.
To use public relations, integrated marketing, and special events management to promote, publicize, market and manage the unveiling of the Sojourner Truth Memorial Bust at the United States Capitol by First Lady Michelle Obama for the National Congress of Black Women (NCBW). The event was sponsored by Nancy Pelosi and The Office of the Speaker of the United States House of Representatives.
To enlist more than 3000 invited guests to witness the historical event
Event Production: CBD produced an invitation only, VIP luncheon for the members of Congress, Diplomats, Corporate executives and attendees of the historical Michelle Obama Unveiling of the Sojourner Bust in the United States Capital
Publicity: Strategically plan a public relation campaign that will garner regional, local and national media attention. Create press releases, media advisories and backgrounders. Wrote copy for all materials.
Marketing: Graphically designed letterhead, vectorize logo, business cards, envelopes, event invitations, print collateral, invitations, large format event signage, e-news campaign and more.
Multimedia: Produced High Definition Videos of the Sojourner Truth Memorial unveiling and Donors Luncheon. Designed video gallery of past coverage of the Sojourner Truth Memorial Project.
Marketed, Produced and Publicized successful “standing room only” events at the United States Capitol and Willard Intercontinental Hotel.
Sojourner Truth became the first Black woman to have a bust in the United States Capitol. Sojourner Truth will go in US History books The NCBW received a new brand logo, corporate identity kit, copy writing and media kit.
- Television coverage of the event by all major news stations: Fox News, CBS Evening News, ABC Nightly News, CNN, BBC, Al Jazeera, MSNBC, CNN International
- Radio coverage included: 5 nationally syndicated morning news programs leaving more than 180 million news media Impressions
- Print Media included: AP, Reuters, Washington Post, USA Today, LA Times and more
- Online Media: More than 500 online media publications and blogs covered the story
- Membership to the NCBW increased by 25%
- Major Donor dollars to the NCBW increased by: 400%