Relax. Take it Easy!
Here it comes again, Valentine’s Day. For some, this is the most dreaded day of the year. With the hustle and bustle of what to do or to get, your special day can quickly become overwhelming. Below are ideas we received from table linens and table ware vendors:
Cost of this table if you Do-It-Yourself
- Chargers come in a variety of colors and styles. Above is Silver. You can purchase these anywhere (Target, Michael’s, Wal-Mart, A.C. Moore or Hoby Lobby). Prices begin at $2.99 per charger.
- Dinner Napkins are generally sold individually or in packs of four for the more high end or packs of 10 for the standard cotton
- Luxury Table cloths can be purchased or rented. If you purchase them, you may need to go to a Homegoods or TJ Maxx for something that is more than traditional. They generally stock high end satin and chenille and oftentimes polyester which reflects light very well and is easy to clean. If you cannot find a table cloth with embellishment or embroidery, use brooches, pins and other decorative elements to spice things up a bit.
I have found some great texture combinations for table settings:
- Sequins and Polyester
- Burlap and Linen
- Velvet and Sheers (Rayon or Polyester)
- Satin and Taffeta
Popular Types of Table Linens
There are many styles and types of table linens. We have compiled a list of the most trendy and popular rentable linens. Many companies rent single linens and multiple linens for your events:
Tablecloths that reveal a “shiny” appearance include:
- Silk Shantung
Tablecloths that reveal a texture and artistic flair include:
- Braided Silks (the silver table runner above is braided silk)
These are typically used as overlays or can double as table runners
Thick plush table linens
These are textured so the visible element adds definition. These look great with crystal or acrylic tableware
- Poly Dupioni
- Pintuck Taffeta